Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpbrm very confused?!

2004-12-28 09:25:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpbrm very confused?!
From: mcarebackup AT hotmail DOT com (MCare Backup)
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 09:25:41 -0500
I've actually encountered something similar.  I have two backup jobs still
running in the morning -- one has about 450GB worth of data, the other is
just a 5GB application drive.  Both jobs will list the same tapes as being
mounted -- not just one tape, but often 6 or 7 (still using DLT III/IV
tapes).  However, the smaller job will list with "0 KB stored," while the
big job is definitely in progress.  If I cancel the smaller job due to
inactivity, the big job will *start over*.

The two client drives are on separate servers, the big one being a W2K3 file
server, the small one being a currently inactive W2K SQL server.  It does
this a couple times a week, and if I let them both run, the big one will
ultimately complete, but in an error state, while the other eternally hangs.
I went on vacation, and my replacement was nervous about cancelling
anything -- this job ran for 13 days in my absence...

If anyone can identify a reason for this, I'd greatly appreciate it...  I'm
completely at a loss.  Running 4.5 Enterprise edition on W2K3 servers (one
master, one media).

Thanks,
-S