Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Catalog Backup Tapes, return to normal backup tapes

2004-12-22 11:08:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog Backup Tapes, return to normal backup tapes
From: tlewick AT hrblock DOT com (Lewick, Taylor)
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 10:08:28 -0600
We now use LTO tapes as our catalog backup media, but we used to use DLT
tapes.  I still have a few that I want to use for regular backups.  How
can I return them?  I can't bpexpdate them because these tapes aren't
stored in netbackups media/volume databases...  I can't just change
their volume pools, because the backup won't work because it knows this
tape has been used to backup the catalog...

Thanks,