Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Temporarily disabling Inline tape copy

2004-12-20 10:11:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Temporarily disabling Inline tape copy
From: Robert.Stump.ctr AT dla DOT mil (Stump, Robert (Contractor) (J6B))
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 10:11:42 -0500

----=_NextPart_ST_10_10_27_Monday_December_20_2004_21377

NB 5.0 MP3
I want to temporarily disable vaulting and inline tape copy for a two week
period.
I de-activated the vaulting policies that run duplication. That was easy.
The problem is inline tape copy.
I tried de-selecting multiple copy on the schedules but that resulted in a
loss of the multicopy configuration.
This is time consuming on the front end and will be even more time consuming
recreating the configuration.
Looking for a more global solution ;-)
I tried setting the global attribute of maximum backup copies to 1 but the
minimum allowable value is 2.
I then thought of deactivating the vaulting and inline license.
Before I do that, I want to know if I will lose the multicopy configurations
in the policy schedules.
And also if I will create a problem for bpsched and the "all logs report"
with multiple warnings about no active license??
I don't have a lab to test this.

----=_NextPart_ST_10_10_27_Monday_December_20_2004_21377

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii"=

<META NAME=3D"Generator" CONTENT=3D"MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2658.2">
<TITLE>Temporarily disabling Inline tape copy</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">NB 5.0 MP3</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I want to temporarily disable vaulting an=
d inline tape copy for a two week period.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I de-activated the vaulting policies that=
 run duplication. That was easy. </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The problem is inline tape copy.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I tried de-selecting multiple copy on the=
 schedules but that resulted in a loss of the multicopy configuration.</FON=

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">This is time consuming on the front end a=
nd will be even more time consuming recreating the configuration.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Looking for a more global solution ;-)</F=

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I tried setting the global attribute of m=
aximum backup copies to 1 but the minimum allowable value is 2.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I then thought of deactivating the vaulti=
ng and inline license. </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Before I do that, I want to know if I wil=
l lose the multicopy configurations in the policy schedules.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">And also if I will create a problem for b=
psched and the &quot;all logs report&quot; with multiple warnings about no =
active license??</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I don't have a lab to test this.</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
----=_NextPart_ST_10_10_27_Monday_December_20_2004_21377--