Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Recovery

2004-12-15 17:42:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Recovery
From: dale AT daleking DOT org (Dale King)
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 09:42:12 +1100
On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 10:22:49AM -0500, kdeems AT parker DOT com wrote:
> I have an AIX 4.3 client which I want to recovery during Disaster Recovery.
> This is my first attempt with an AIX server.  This server has multiple
> Logical Volumes and file systems on 200GB of disk.  I need to recover the
> entire system. Can I use Netbackup Datacenter to recover the system?  I am
> running 4.5 FP5,   I was going to use a mksysb, but that will only hold 20
> GB of data.  Any suggestions.  Has anybody done this before?

Yes.  You'll need to reinstall AIX on your DR machine, re-create your logical
volumes and filesystems, install the Netbackup client, set your client
name in bp.conf, add an alias in the altnames directory on the server to
allow the DR machine access to your orginal client's data, then restore.

You should be able to just restore over the top of the existing
installation, but make sure you run a bosboot -a before rebooting your
restored system.