Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] urgent query NDMP

2004-12-14 12:14:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] urgent query NDMP
From: Sto Rage© <netbacker AT gmail DOT com> (Sto Rage© )
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 09:14:58 -0800
If the drives are connected via SCSI directly to the filer, then a
reboot is required. If they are on FC, then sysconfig -t would rescan
the bus without a reboot.
Changing the drive order would require a change in netback config,
'cause now what used to be drive 3 on netbackup is now nrst1a on the
filer, so when a load command is sent to drive 3, the tape would get
loaded on drive 4.

We swap the drives physically in our library when we run into such
issues, so that the configs don't change on the netapp or netbackup.
But then we have FC connections from the netapp, so they don't need a
reboot.
Hope this helps
-G