Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backing up Netapss

2004-12-09 14:10:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backing up Netapss
From: tech2187 AT yahoo DOT com (K Chapman)
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 11:10:58 -0800 (PST)
you can skip the license if its too costly...  you can
backup the nas through nfs mounts or cifs shares...

if you get the license, you can do ndmp if the drive
is local to the nas device or hanging off a netbackup
media server...  as someone replied, take a look at
the admin guide.  it covers the various config
options.

--- "Conner, Neil" <neil AT mbari DOT org> wrote:

> You'll want to get an NDMP license and a locally
> attached SCSI backup device for the Netapp (I think
> that's still are requirement but I could be wrong).
> Check the version of Data OnTap for compatibility
> with DAR (direct access restore).  You don't need
> DAR, but without it the entire backup image must be
> read for even a single file.
>
> -Neil

=====
aaarrrggghhh!!!!