Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Help with Media server set up

2004-12-07 06:00:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Help with Media server set up
From: dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net (Dave Markham)
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 11:00:00 +0000
I have only used netbackup with a single master server/media server
before and now have to set a system up with a netbackup master/media and
two other media servers.

I am using netbackup 5 on solaris.

I have set the master up so far, but was wondering what happens with the
media servers. I cant remember seeing the option when installing from
the cd of netbackup media server which i saw on version 4.5. All i had
listed in this case was Netbackup Server, Netbackup Client software,
Netbackup Java software. So do i just select Netbackup Server and there
will be an option along the install that it is a media server only?

The second issue i have is do i then need to push anything from the
master server to media server ( i know not the client software as that
should be installed anyway.)

The third problem i have is of patching. I have the MP3 Patches ( server
and client ) to patch the master server and then push the updates out to
the clients to be backed up. Im wondering what i do with these media
servers though. Do i install the server patch on these too? Do i exclude
these from clients to push the software to?

Thanks
Dave