Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Manual DB backup script via cron

2004-12-06 11:37:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Manual DB backup script via cron
From: tlewick AT hrblock DOT com (Lewick, Taylor)
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 10:37:20 -0600
Here is a problem we are having with NetBackup 4.5

We have a DB backup run after our vault sessions, and then we have
operators manually run another one later in the day after all of the
backups have finished.  This is on weekdays...

On weekends, we are currently not vaulting, and if you try and manually
kick off a DB backup when there are backup jobs going, it never runs.
And on weekends there may not be an open window to run one until mid
Sunday afternoon.

I was wondering if I could kick off a DB backup manually using command
line syntax in a script called via cron.  If there are backup jobs
running, would the command line version force it to kick off?

Anyone know?

Thanks,
Taylor