Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Wildcards in Backup Selections....

2004-11-29 14:10:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Wildcards in Backup Selections....
From: mlv03 AT healthresearch DOT org (Mike L. Varney)
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:10:42 -0500
--=_alternative 00696A6485256F5B_=

My ideal Backup Selections for a policy covering Win2000/XP/2003 client
PCs would be:

C:\Documents and Settings\*\Desktop
C:\Documents and Settings\*\Favorites
C:\Documents and Settings\*\My Documents
C:\Documents and Settings\*\Start Menu

The rest of the PC's contents are consistant with all of the other PCs in
the organization, so I've elected not to back up the rest of the PC.

However, when I put this in a policy and run it, I get error #71, "None of
the files in the file list exist".  The reason I'm not just configuring
all of C:\Documents and Settings is due to the TEMP and Temporary Internet
Files also being in the directory tree under the user profiles.  I'd like,
however, to be able to define a policy that could just dynamically back up
those 4 folders under every user profile on each system I assign the
policy to.  I'd also like to avoid locally stored include/exclude lists,
due to them then having to be maintained.

Has anyone tried this before, or have a solution I'm not thinking of?

Thanks to all...

-- Mike Varney / HRI

--=_alternative 00696A6485256F5B_=

covering Win2000/XP/2003 client PCs would be:</font>
Documents</font>
with all of the other PCs in the organization, so I've elected not to back
up the rest of the PC.</font>
and run it, I get error #71, &quot;None of the files in the file list
exist&quot;.
&nbsp;The reason I'm not just configuring all of C:\Documents and Settings
is due to the TEMP and Temporary Internet Files also being in the directory
tree under the user profiles. &nbsp;I'd like, however, to be able to define
a policy that could just dynamically back up those 4 folders under every
user profile on each system I assign the policy to. &nbsp;I'd also like
to avoid locally stored include/exclude lists, due to them then having
to be maintained.</font>
a solution I'm not thinking of?</font>
--=_alternative 00696A6485256F5B_=--