Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to mount a tape to a specific drive in a rob ot

2004-11-24 06:40:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to mount a tape to a specific drive in a rob ot
From: dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net (Dave Markham)
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 11:40:25 +0000
Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com wrote:

> What's your intent? There may be a cleaner way if you're doing what I
> suspect you might be doing.
> -M

If you know the slot number the tape is in ( which can be found by
manipulating this :   echo "s s" | tldtest -r <scsi path to robot> )
then all you need to do is this :-

echo "m s23 d2" | tldtest -r /dev/sg/c0t2l0

That will move tape in slot 23 to drive 2 with the robot on path
/dev/sg/c0t0l0

Hope this helps

Dave