Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Mandrake Client not supported

2004-11-22 12:49:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Mandrake Client not supported
From: mclausen AT csit.fsu DOT edu (Matt Clausen)
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 12:49:28 -0500
Karen Grider wrote:
> I have a client in my system that kept giving me errors while loading the
> client software.  Come to find out it is Mandrake and is not supported.  Any
> suggestions on alternative backup solutions for this client?

I went through some great pains awhile back when dealing with Linux and
Netbackup, and the best thing to do when dealing with something like
this is to ldd the netbackup binaries to see if any dynamic libraries
are not where the binary expects them to be. Under Redhat, I had to
install some compatibility RPMs in order to load on older C++ libraries
for NetBackup to work, and I suspect Mandrake is the same way (Debian
certainly was).