Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] HELP needed configuring AIX Robot Control host/m edia server & STK L700

2004-11-21 11:22:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] HELP needed configuring AIX Robot Control host/m edia server & STK L700
From: John.Nardello AT T-Mobile DOT com (Nardello, John)
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 08:22:12 -0800
We just got done setting one of these up in fact and had that exact same issue
with HP. Here's the fun part - Veritas does not apparently support virtual
libraries claiming to be something they're not. So make sure you're up at the
1.1 firmware version for the CDL - that will make available an option to create
an "EMC Disk Library" type (4th from the bottom of the list). Try using that
instead of creating an L700 and see if you have better luck having your
robotics recognized.

See also http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/264984.htm

John Nardello
T-Mobile