Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Can't change tries to zero - need to know how to stop backups from running.

2004-11-18 18:14:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Can't change tries to zero - need to know how to stop backups from running.
From: LuptonD AT starcity.com DOT au (Daniel Lupton)
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 10:14:56 +1100

One option is to stop the NetBackup  services and then restart them when
you want the backup to run. If the services are not running then no backups
will be performed.

Regards,
Daniel Lupton

             "King, Cheryl"
             <cheryl.king@intr
             ado.com>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  "Veritas-Bu \(E-mail\)"
             veritas-bu-admin@         <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
edu>
             mailman.eng.aubur                                          cc
             n.edu
                                                                   Subject
                                       [Veritas-bu] Can't change tries to
             19/11/2004 09:57          zero - need to know how to stop
             AM                        backups from running.

I used to set "tries" to zero to prevent backups from run as scheduled.
That isn't allowed in v5.1.  My robot is down and I can't prevent backups
from running until it gets fixed.  I will de-activate all policies but
would like to know if there is a better way available.

Cheryl King
System Administrator II
AIS - OpenView System and Servers Certified
Intrado Inc.
1601 Dry Creek Drive
Longmont, CO 80503
direct: 720.864.5162
mobile: 720.840.4786
page:  303-207-4648
fax: 720.494.6600
email: cheryl.king AT intrado DOT com

Intrado Inc.
www.intrado.com

ATTENTION:

contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify Intrado Inc. immediately at 720.494.5800 and

This document should only be read by those persons to whom it is addressed
and is not intended to be relied upon by any other person. Accordingly,
Star City disclaims all responsibility and accepts no liability (including
in negligence) for the consequences for any other person acting, or
refraining from acting, on such information prior to the receipt by those
persons of subsequent written confirmation.

If you have received this document in error, please notify our Helpdesk
immediately by telephone on 61 2 9657 9797. Please also destroy and delete
the document from your computer.

Copyright Star City Pty Ltd. Any form of reproduction, dissemination,
copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this
document and its contents is strictly prohibited.