Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Mixing AIX Media Server & Solaris Master & Media Servers (SSO)

2004-11-17 18:11:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Mixing AIX Media Server & Solaris Master & Media Servers (SSO)
From: Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com (Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com)
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 16:11:02 -0700
We're looking at a "server migration" project here.  One likely candidate
for a new server platform is AIX.  We'll be running NB 5.1 Enterprise with
the shared-storage option

Our master is Solaris and is planned to remain so, the media servers would
be a mixture of Solaris, AIX, and (perhaps coming soon) Linux.

Anybody mixing AIX with Solaris & getting away with it?  Opinions?  Gotchas?

IBM-LTO drives on an ADIC Scaler 10K, by the way.

-M

  There are 10 kinds of people in the world,
  those that know binary, and those that don't.
  Mark Donaldson - SA - Corporate Express