Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Solaris 9 hosts.allow question

2004-11-03 18:59:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Solaris 9 hosts.allow question
From: Dwayne.Brzozowski AT mail.va DOT gov (Brzozowski, Dwayne)
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 17:59:42 -0600
Hi,
I hope someone has run across this before. I have a Solaris 9 NetBackup
4.5FP4 master, with a mix of Solaris 8 (mainly) and several Solaris 9
clients. Currently, to make backups work on a Solaris 9 client, I have the
following entry in the hosts.allow (client side):

bpcd: ALL
bpjava-msvc: ALL
bpjava-susvc: ALL
vnetd: ALL

My question is, do I need the ALL statement on each line, or just the
netbackup master name on each line. My internal security group is looking
for a definitive answer on if/why the ALL statement has to be there. Also,
if anyone knows, why doesn't this have to be in the hosts.allow for Solaris
8 clients? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Dwayne

Dwayne J. Brzozowski
Department of Veterans Affairs
Night Shift Supervisor-Unix Group