Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Help with upgrading from NetBackup on Windows 4.5 to RedHat Linux 5.1

2004-11-01 01:45:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Help with upgrading from NetBackup on Windows 4.5 to RedHat Linux 5.1
From: LuptonD AT starcity.com DOT au (Daniel Lupton)
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 17:45:40 +1100

We are attempting to upgrade from NetBackup 4.5 running on a Windows server
to NetBackup 5.1 running on a RedHat Linux server. We have contacted our
support about converting the image catalogue from Windows to Linux and they
said that they have not attempted this and will supply help (at a price) to
'try it' in our test environment and if it works then attempt it for our
production upgrade (at another cost). Has anyone attempted this move
successfully or have any ideas if it can be performed successfully? or any
help with how to perform the conversion would be appreciated!

Regards,
Daniel Lupton
|  Daniel Lupton | Enterprise Systems and Security Administrator | Tabcorp |
|      Technical Services - Star City | Email: LuptonD AT starcity.com DOT au

|                       Ext: 7651 | Phone: 9657 7651                       |
|              80 Pyrmont Street, Pyrmont, NSW 2009, Australia             |
|                            Star City | Tabcorp                           |

This document should only be read by those persons to whom it is addressed
and is not intended to be relied upon by any other person. Accordingly,
Star City disclaims all responsibility and accepts no liability (including
in negligence) for the consequences for any other person acting, or
refraining from acting, on such information prior to the receipt by those
persons of subsequent written confirmation.

If you have received this document in error, please notify our Helpdesk
immediately by telephone on 61 2 9657 9797. Please also destroy and delete
the document from your computer.

Copyright Star City Pty Ltd. Any form of reproduction, dissemination,
copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this
document and its contents is strictly prohibited.