Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] exclude_list problem with NB 5.0 MP3

2004-10-28 20:42:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] exclude_list problem with NB 5.0 MP3
From: rfang AT coke.umuc DOT edu (Rongsheng Fang)
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 20:42:00 -0400
Hi folks,

I am trying to exclude some directories/files for a client when doing
backup by compiling the /usr/openv/netbackup/exclude_list file on the
client. I tried a couple of different patterns but none worked so far
(no files were excluded after the backup was done):

/lotus/nbtest/[A-Z]{4}[0-9]{3}[a-zA-Z]?
/lotus/nbtest/[A-Z]+[0-9]+[a-zA-Z]?
/lotus/nbtest/[A-Z]+[0-9]+[a-zA-Z]*

The file/directory I want to exclude has the following format:

ABCD124 or ABCD124a or ABCD123E

Did I miss something or make wrong patterns? Could anybody please shed
some light on this?

Master/Media:   NB Enterprise 5.0 MP3 + Solaris 9
Clients:        NB Enterprise 5.0 MP3 + Solaris 8.

Thanks!

Rongsheng Fang