Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Clients Hardware or OS Options

2004-10-22 10:13:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Clients Hardware or OS Options
From: dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net (Dave Markham)
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:13:59 +0100
ChrisCosta AT tdwaterhouse DOT com wrote:

> Has anyone seen this issue before?
>

> I have just successfully re p laced the Master Server and p erformed a
> successful catalog DB recovery and everything looks the same, p
> olicies, storage units, volume p ools, etc..
>

> Things have been running fine for the p ast few days, however...
>

> I am trying to add some new clients to the environment to existing p
> olicies, when I go to configure the hardware and OS o p tions for the
> client, I only see Solaris, Solaris9 as an o p tion. I am unable to
> see the other OS ty p es.
>

> Even the clients that have the correct hardware and OS o p tions, when
> I choose to change those o p tions, I only see Solaris, Solaris9 o p
> tions.
>

> Does anyone have any insight on this?
>

> I have sto p p ed and restart the NBU services and checked license
> keys and things look fine.
>

> Any hel p would be a p p reciated.
>

> Thanks
>

> ** Christo ** ** p ** ** her Costa **
>
> * TD ** WATERHOUSE USA ** *
>
> ** Enter ** ** p ** ** rise ** ** Storage Engineer **
>
> Phone: (201)-521-2939
>
> Email: ** chriscosta AT tdwaterhouse DOT com **
> <mailto:chriscosta AT tdwaterhouse DOT com>

Check there are the relvenat links  in /usr/openv/netbackup/client/Solaris

It should be as this :-

drwxr-xr-x   2 root     other       1536 May 14 16:22 Solaris_x86_7
drwxr-xr-x   3 root     other       1536 May 14 16:22 Solaris9
drwxr-xr-x   3 root     other       1536 May 14 16:22 Solaris7
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         13 Jul 21 12:01 Solaris_x86_8 ->
Solaris_x86_7
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other          8 Jul 21 12:01 Solaris8 -> Solaris7

This is on version 5 mp2

Thanks