Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bprecover merging existing dbs ?

2004-10-22 06:49:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bprecover merging existing dbs ?
From: dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net (Dave Markham)
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:49:27 +0100
Hi,

Im running netbackup 5.0ga Mp2  On Solaris 8.

I have 2 sites, one a production site and one a DR ( disaster recovery
and development site ).

I have each netbackup master server on either site named the same.

I want to reduce time of a DR by not having to import tapes i take from
production site to dr site which takes around 14 hours.
The way i am trying this is taking the files of  bpbackupdb from the
production site to the DR site each day and i am going to attempt to
bprecover -r -dpath /path/to/prodsite/dbs  on the DR site.

Now i think i have to remove /usr/openv/var/* /usr/openv/netbackupdb/*
/usr/openv/volmgr/database/*  before i run the bprecover command is this
correct?

Obviously this wipes out my DR site backups databases, ( i have made a
copy to get back to ). I want to know can i just bprecover certain
portions of the databases and images from production site E.G my
backups taken in a certain policy only. ( this policy doest exist at the
DR site if that helps ) and do i have to remove my DR site databases or
can they be merged. I thought the only wa\y to merge was by importing
tapes but this takes too long on a DR scenario.

Anyone any tips/ideas/help

Cheers
Dave