Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] New Stream Techniques for large Windows Clients

2004-10-18 14:41:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] New Stream Techniques for large Windows Clients
From: larry.kingery AT veritas DOT com (Larry Kingery)
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:41:14 -0400 (EDT)
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I have some Windows 2000 servers which have several drives of 80 gb
> plus, backed up by 100 mb Ethernet (from my calculations, that is).
>
> These are using new streams but are using several tape drives.
>
> I'm trying to get them to write to one tape drive but still using
> the number of new streams defined (either three or four).
>
> The only way I can think of is to create a Storage Unit with one
> drive allocated and use that.
>
> Is there a better option?

If you set the max jobs per client back down to 1 it will keep
multiple jobs from a single client from running concurrently.  It'll
still create multiple jobs, but all but one will stay queued.  With
100Mb/s, this is likely what you want.

--
Larry Kingery
          E-mail returned to sender -- insufficient voltage.