Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backups to disk

2004-10-15 07:02:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backups to disk
From: hampus.lind AT rps.police DOT se (Hampus Lind)
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 13:02:56 +0200
Hi Peter!

I got cuorious in your last sentence:
"All have worked, but the strength of the underlying storage hardware has
varied which does effect performance down the line."

I wounder if you can tell me a little bit more about the hardware, on which
hardware have you seen the best preformance and on which have you seen the
worst?? We are about to set up a demo on a StorageTek Flexline B210, are you
or have you been using any StorageTek diskarrays for disk staging?
Any one else have a comment on that choise??

Of course i`am also very interested to hear what Sto Rage© has to say about
netbackup and disk staging....

Have a nice weekend!

Best regards,

MVH / Hampus Lind
Rikspolisstyrelsen
Tele arb: +46 (0)8 - 401 99 43
Tele mob: +46 (0)70 - 217 92 66
E-mail: hampus.lind AT rps.police DOT se