Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multiple Schedules Per Day

2004-10-13 17:27:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multiple Schedules Per Day
From: MDobbertien AT tribune DOT com (Dobbertien, Matthew)
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 16:27:20 -0500
Some of my clients require multiple backup windows per day.  For
instance, they will run a backup at 8:00 am, and 3:00 pm every day.  Up
to now, we have been handling this using multiple policies, since when
we setup two windows for the same day on a calendar based schedule the
job only ran 1 time a day.  I would guess that the only way to achieve
this would be with a frequency based schedule, but I'm wondering if the
calendar schedule can be made to run more than once a day.

The reasoning behind consolidating the policies is two-fold.  One, to
reduce the number of policies, and two, to be able to accomplish
accurate incremental backups.

Matthew Dobbertien
Chicago Tribune
Sr. Systems Analyst