Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How Many Netbackup Admins Does It Take ...

2004-10-12 16:49:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How Many Netbackup Admins Does It Take ...
From: cheryl.king AT intrado DOT com (King, Cheryl)
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 14:49:10 -0600
We have two people, not dedicated (we do system monitoring with OpenView as
well), two sites, SSO on one, about 80 clients, backing up 10TB a week.  There
is a lot of work and I'm trying to offload some of it on the Operators.  They
do most of the tape maintenance i.e. off-siting, archiving, inserting.  I have
them upgrade their own Admin Consoles when necessary, maintian procedure
documentation (we're ISO'd).