Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Newbie Licensing question.

2004-10-12 08:15:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Newbie Licensing question.
From: jack.l.forester AT lmco DOT com (Jack Forester, Jr.)
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 08:15:15 -0400
I've found Veritas licensing confusing at best.  We use SSO here, and I
was told by Veritas to install the SSO licenses on the master server.
However, if I don't install the SSO license key on the media servers, I
don't get the option asking if the drive is shared when configuring tape
drives with tpconfig.  Installing the SSO license key on the media
server was the fix.