Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Feedback

2004-10-09 15:53:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Feedback
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 14:53:57 -0500
Bobby R Windle wrote:

> I have been looking at a reporting tool offered by Aptare called Storage
> Console.  Can anyone comment on this product?   Also how was support and etc.

The product is absolutely superb.  I did a formal evaluation of Bocada's
Backup Report vs Aptare's Storage Console and Storage Console won hands
down.  I'm not going to say that Storage Console has 100% of the
features I want and is 100% bug free, but it's the best NetBackup
reporting product out there today.

The support is outstanding, both pre-sales and post-sales.  In fact,
they're typically calling me more often to follow up on information than
I'm calling them.  Lately I've been swamped at work (you ever seen a
total HP EVA crash?) so I haven't been giving them the information
they've asked for to work on an issue of mine but they check in
regularly to remind me.

They're receptive to new ideas for the product and have already
implemented a few suggestions of mine (e.g. displaying mountpoint
information in mission control) and are considering adding another
(container reporting for Vault users).  I've heard the same thing from
other customers.

If you've got specific questions, feel free to holler.  I'm not the only
Storage Console customer on this list (and Aptare is listening too :-)).

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org