Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Reliability when restoring

2004-10-08 13:58:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Reliability when restoring
From: Alex Fong <alex.s.fong AT gmail DOT com> (Alex Fong)
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 10:58:01 -0700
No. I have had large restore job report success but if you look into
details of the progress log, it said more than 10 files/folder have
been skipped because I have a network timeout at some point during the
restore. I missed 53 GB of restore out of 113 GB. I am using 5.0 MP2

I opened a case with Veritas but the support wasn't very helpful and
keep insisting
the sucess status was for the

Reply from the Tech support:
What I said was that NetBackup will report the message for the restore
that was successfully restored. In your case, 60Gb of data were
successfully restore. That is how the software is designed to work.
Then, you said the message was not accurate as the restore was
incomplete, and on your previous message you said it should show
something as "partial success" or "incomplete" and for that, I
suggested you to place your comments at the enhancement web site as we
cannot make any changes to the code here at the support center.