Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] media in limbo

2004-10-06 12:36:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] media in limbo
From: vandevegt AT yahoo DOT com (Jim VandeVegt)
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 09:36:35 -0700 (PDT)
--0-1249020923-1097080595=:96081

SSO environment, 5.0MP1, Solaris master, 3 Solaris SAN media servers, 7 W2K SAN
media servers, LTO2 tape.

I have a number of media stuck in a funky state and I can't figure out how to
release it.

The java GUI shows the media assigned in a pool. From the "last mount" field
I'm certain there's nothing useful on these tapes.

vmquery acknowledges existence of the media.

bpexpdate operations yield "requested media id was not found in NB media
database and/or MM volume database.

Attempts to import with 'bpimport -create_db_info -id S00104' yield error 176.
Detailed status says "Cannot import media id S00104, that media id is already
active on some other server."

I've run consistency checks on the master server with nothing out of the
ordinary.

I tried 'bpmedia -movedb -m S00104 -newserver nbumaster' It didn't give any
error, but it didn't seem to do anything either.

Any idea how I free this up?

Jim VandeVegt
vandevegt AT yahoo DOT com jim.vandevegt AT pmic DOT com
There is no luck except where there is discipline.
http://mail.yahoo.com
--0-1249020923-1097080595=:96081

<DIV>SSO environment, 5.0MP1, Solaris master, 3 Solaris SAN media servers, 7
W2K SAN media servers, LTO2 tape.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I have a number of media stuck in a funky state and I can't figure out how
to release it.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The java GUI shows the media assigned in a pool. From the "last mount"
field I'm certain there's nothing useful on these tapes.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>vmquery acknowledges existence of the media.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>bpexpdate operations yield "requested media id was not found in NB media
database and/or MM volume database.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Attempts to import with 'bpimport -create_db_info -id S00104' yield error
176. Detailed status says "Cannot import media id S00104, that media id is
already active on some other server."</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I've run consistency checks on the master server with nothing out of the
ordinary.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I tried 'bpmedia -movedb -m S00104 -newserver nbumaster' It didn't give
any error, but it didn't seem to do anything either.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Any idea how I free this up?</DIV><BR><BR>Jim VandeVegt<br>vandevegt AT
yahoo DOT com jim.vandevegt AT pmic DOT com<br>There is no luck except where
You Yahoo!?<br>Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
--0-1249020923-1097080595=:96081--