Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Pointers for newbs?

2004-10-05 17:22:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Pointers for newbs?
From: jennifer.hooper AT peregrine DOT com (Jennifer Hooper)
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 14:22:32 -0700
I have a dumb noob question of my own.  Please be kind! :P

We are running Veritas Netbackup 5.0 on Solaris 5.7.

I have an ALT DLT Library that I need to add more tapes into.  I have come
up with a media report that tells me what state the tapes are in.  I want to
remove all of the 'Full' tapes to make room for new ones.  Do I need to
Eject this media?  Or can I just go pull them, and have Netbackup
re-inventory the library?

I also have a fair number of full expired and frozen expired tapes.  Are
these tapes that can be relegated back into a 'scratch' pool?  Probably not
the frozen ones, but the full ones?  If someone could help me out, that
would be great!

Sorry about the start questions, I usually sit and listen, but I'm really
under the gun on this.  This whole system was dumped on me with no training,
and no Unix background.  Now, I'm supporting production *and* development,
all flavors of *nix and Windows.  I spent the morning pouring over the Admin
Guide and couldn't find a good answer.

Thanks!

Jennifer

Jennifer Hooper