Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] multistreaming and backup IDs - Scripting help needed

2004-09-28 11:49:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] multistreaming and backup IDs - Scripting help needed
From: Sto Rage© <netbacker AT gmail DOT com> (Sto Rage© )
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 08:49:26 -0700
can someone help me with what I am trying to do?
     - We have a Policy with multiple streams enabled and with a list
of Include files. So when the backup kicks off it spawns a number of jobs
based on the Include files list.
What I want is to setup an automated email that will send me the info of
each of these jobs and its related backup id/ image name and the list of
tapes it used..
    - When the backup finishes, send me the status of the job 0 or 1 or
whatever  is the error code. I have that setup using the default
notification. so I get the following email for each job that it spawns.
Subject: Backup on <client name> - 0 started
Backup on client <client name> by root succeeded.
File list
---------
L:\<driectory1>

What I want is a way to include the backup-ID or image name in this email.
How do I do that?
- Currently I generate the image names and the tapes used using the
following script on the master server, but have no way to co-relate
the list of jobs
to their respective backupID or image name.

#### Inputs required 1. start date 2. end date 3. client name and 4. backup
type
bpimagelist -U -d $1 -e $2 -client $3 -sl $4 -idonly |awk '{print $8}'
>imagelist
for i in `cat imagelist`
do
echo
echo Backup ID:  $i

bpimagelist -U -backupid $i
-----
echo List of tapes that contain Image $i
bpimagelist -l -backupid $i |tail +3 |awk '{print $9;}'|sort -u
-----
done

thanks in advance
-G