Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: NDMP restore

2004-09-23 12:31:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: NDMP restore
From: sharmelin AT isilon DOT com (Shai Harmelin)
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 09:31:11 -0700
--------------000403040404080701060905

You would need both a NDMP data server for windows and a restore command
that understands archive created by the BSD host.
This restore command would also need to map BSD file meta data
(permissions/ACLs ) to windows file system.
That might be to much to ask. I would go with creating windows shares on
the filer as the restore target.
Shai

>--__--__--
>
>Message: 5
>Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 12:46:56 -0700
>From: Jason Helfman <jason.helfman AT ticketmaster DOT com>
>To: "Kennedy, Jeffrey" <jkennedy AT qualcomm DOT com>
>CC: mark <mark AT steelfamily DOT org>, Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
>edu
>Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP restore
>
>ndmp backups can only be restored to ndmp hosts
>
>Kennedy, Jeffrey wrote:
>

>>Never seen or heard of anyone managing this to a windows host but it
>>certainly can be done to a unix host.  The problem is not so much an
>>NDMP client for windows but a BSD based dump/restore command, windows
>>just doesn't have one.  Of course with Unix services for windows maybe
>>it's possible, but I've never tried it.
>>
>>~JK

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
You would need both a NDMP data server for windows and a restore
command that understands archive created by the BSD host.<br>
This restore command would also need to map BSD file meta data
(permissions/ACLs ) to windows file system. <br>
That might be to much to ask. I would go with creating windows shares
on the filer as the restore target.<br>
Shai<br>
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">