Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] File Exclusions

2004-09-21 16:23:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] File Exclusions
From: ddunham AT taos DOT com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 13:23:57 -0700 (PDT)

> For example, I have changed traditional status code 1 backups to 0's
> just be excluding the (Netscape) "parent.lock" file (on Windows
> desktops).  Finding the path to "parent.lock" is MUCH more difficult, as
> it varies from client to client.

Yes, but can't you just specify it as /*/parent.lock ?  That's how I'm
interpreting the support document.

> This isn't a new feature, ladies and gentlemen; it's a (documented after
> the fact) bug.  :-(

It's a bug if they didn't intend it to happen and are working to remove
it.  There's no sign that they're working to change this.

> If Veritas refuses to correct this, shouldn't we have a tool to help
> find the entries that no longer work?  A fairly simple server script
> using bpgetconfig should do the trick.

It seems to me that not only finding them, a simple translation by
adding /* could be done also.

Of course if that were possible, you'd presume that the NBU process
could do the same thing after reading the file into memory before acting
on it....