Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restore Number Files and Byte-count reported as zero

2004-09-20 19:09:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restore Number Files and Byte-count reported as zero
From: rowleydf AT hotmail DOT com (David Rowley)
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 16:09:46 -0700
Hi,

We have a strange situation where almost all our restores show in Activity
Monitor as having restored zero files and zero bytes, despite being
successful (status code zero.)

We know that these restores have actually restored the files they were
supposed to.  Also, Activity Monitor shows the correct number of files and
bytes *while* the restore is happening, it just switches to zeroes after the
restore completes.

We did notice one type of restore that shows up correctly, it's a
user-initiated restore on an Exchange server with the Exchange extension.
These ones shows the correct files and bytes, even after they complete.

We also notice that failed restores show the correct files and bytes in
Activity Monitor, even after they've failed.

Finally, we notice that the ".f" files in
/usr/openv/netbackup/db/logs/trylogs also show zero bytes and zero files
restored, after the restore job has finished.  (They agree with Activity
Monitor.)

We are running NBU 4.5, FP6 on our Solaris 9 master.  We have a ticket open
with Veritas but haven't heard back any definite solution yet.

Anybody seen this?

Thanks!
Dave Rowley