Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] IBM Ultrium on Linux ES3.0

2004-09-17 11:06:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] IBM Ultrium on Linux ES3.0
From: Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com (Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com)
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 09:06:59 -0600
Thanks, for the info.

It's Qlogic QLA2432 cards through a Pathlight bridge to the LTO-1 drives in
an ADIC scaler 10k.

I was miffed that I couldn't address the drives successfully through the
/dev/nstXX entries but I think I've seen the light.

I've added persistent binding, we're rezoning to get the drive count below
32 (default linux max drive setting), and the volume manager install created
the necessary links in /dev/st & /dev/sg that seem more useful than the
other ones.

On the road to success I think.  Should have it working by mid-afternoon if
all goes well.

-M