Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] IBM Ultrium on Linux ES3.0

2004-09-16 19:59:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] IBM Ultrium on Linux ES3.0
From: pcd AT xinupro DOT com (Peter DrakeUnderkoffler)
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 19:59:32 -0400
Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com wrote:

>Anybody got an IBM Ultrium LTO-1 working on Linux ES3.0? Did you have to do
>anything special (modules, drivers, etc) to get it working?
>
>-M

Sure.  Have RH 3.0ws running on a blade system with Fibre controllers
connected
to a Chaparral bridge to an L80 with 2 Seagate LTO Gen I drives.  Not
sure what your
hardware config is, but the LTO Gen I is seen as a viable "st" device.
Just make sure
the st module is available as well as the scsi_mod, sg and whatever
module works for
the SCSI/FC HBA you are using.  Do you see the drives at the BIOS level
during bootup?
Check the physical and low level stuff.

Thanks
Peter DrakeUnderkoffler