Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] job delay when media server unavailable

2004-09-16 01:16:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] job delay when media server unavailable
From: song_1977 AT yahoo DOT com (Song)
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 22:16:58 -0700 (PDT)
--0-949241071-1095311818=:28301

Hi all,

I have more than 25 media server (SSO) in my backup environment. When one of
the media server unavailable (eg: down) will cause all backup jobs to delay and
in queue for very long time. The solution is to remove the storage unit which
belong to the affected media server.

Anyone have better workaround other than removing the storage unit?

Thanks.

- Song

--0-949241071-1095311818=:28301

<DIV>Hi all,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I have more than 25 media server (SSO)&nbsp;in my backup environment. When
one of the media server unavailable (eg: down) will cause all backup jobs to
delay and in queue for very long time. The solution is to remove the storage
unit which belong to the affected media server.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Anyone have better workaround other than removing the storage unit?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>- Song</DIV><p>