Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Veritas BMR

2004-09-14 19:28:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Veritas BMR
From: Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA (Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA)
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 18:28:54 -0500
--=_alternative 0080FCDA86256F0F_=

David,

Things, for the time being, seem stable. We are currently running BMR 4.7
SP1 and netbackup Netbackup 5.0 MP2.

Our client servers are Solaris 8 and Windows 2000.

With the win2k servers, i had to make sure that hotfixes were not applied.
Testing showed that some hotfixes conflicted with the BMR. Win2k servers
only have Sp3 or Sp4.

4.7Mp1 does have the ability to apply hot fixes but i haven't gone that
route yet since I'm don't want/have time to modify our dr plan. Same
things applies to NB MP3.

We only have 1 NB server. The server is Solaris 8. We are using solaris's
flasharchive(flarcreate) to protect our NB server. We burn the archive to
dvd. In the event of a disaster, we boot off of cd and apply the dvd flash
archive to recover the NB server.

We have BMR working at the patch levels we are at. It was a tough road
getting there. Good luck with your testing.

Karl

veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu wrote on 09/14/2004 01:57:21 PM:

> We have done a few tests of this software but wondering if any one else
is
> using it either good or bad?
>
> Out first shot at bare metal restore was not the best but seems to be ok
> after a few updates, so any info would help.
>
> David B. Harrison
> NRCS SAN Administrator

--=_alternative 0080FCDA86256F0F_=

We are currently running BMR 4.7 SP1 and netbackup Netbackup 5.0 MP2.</font>
Windows 2000.</font>
sure that hotfixes were not applied. Testing showed that some hotfixes
conflicted with the BMR. Win2k servers only have Sp3 or Sp4.</font>
hot fixes but i haven't gone that route yet since I'm don't want/have time
to modify our dr plan. Same things applies to NB MP3.</font>
is Solaris 8. We are using solaris's flasharchive(flarcreate) to protect
our NB server. We burn the archive to dvd. In the event of a disaster,
we boot off of cd and apply the dvd flash archive to recover the NB
server.</font>
we are at. It was a tough road getting there. Good luck with your
testing.</font>
09/14/2004
01:57:21 PM:<br>
&gt; We have done a few tests of this software but wondering if any one
else is<br>
&gt; using it either good or bad?<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Out first shot at bare metal restore was not the best but seems to
be ok<br>
&gt; after a few updates, so any info would help.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; David B. Harrison<br>
&gt; NRCS SAN Administrator<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Veritas-bu maillist &nbsp;- &nbsp;Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
edu<br>
&gt; http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/mailman/listinfo/veritas-bu<br>
&gt; <br>
</tt></font>