Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How does Netbackup read the header on multiplexed tapes ?

2004-09-14 12:08:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How does Netbackup read the header on multiplexed tapes ?
From: ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk (ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk)
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 18:08:52 +0200
Hello All

I am about write a bad mpx tape reader by combining W. Curtis read-tape.sh
and Netbackup tar.

I have found that multiplexed tar archives can be read with
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/tar -tMvb 128 -f /dev/rmt/0cbn
For a block size of 64K

Every time I hit a header I get the following message:
Blocksize = 2 records
Hmm, this doesn't look like a tar archive.
Skipping to next file header...

Does anybody how Netbackup normally read these headers ?

Regards
Michael

--
Cybercity Webhosting (http://www.cybercity.dk)