Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Vault tape pool usage

2004-09-14 05:34:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Vault tape pool usage
From: kevin.m.smith AT siemens DOT com (Smith, Kevin)
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:34:04 +0100

------_=_NextPart_001_01C49A3D.F9E762F0

Hi All,

Apart from specifying individual tape pools for vaults, is there any way of
forcing a vault to use specific media?

We have one scratch pool that contains LTO-I & LTO-II type media, we always
want to vault to LTO-I [For backwards compatability], apart from manually
placing LTO-I media from the scratch pool into the tape pool defined for
vaulting, can anyone tell me if it is possible to get netbackup to pick
LTO-I tapes from the scratch pool should the tape pool defined not have any
tapes available for the vault?

TIA

Kev Smith