Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Oracle RMAN problem -- odd

2004-08-27 11:44:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Oracle RMAN problem -- odd
From: CBallowe AT usg DOT com (Ballowe, Charles)
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 09:44:39 -0600
I have 3 systems running oracle - exactly the same software version on
all 3. (Oracle 9.2.0.5) 2 of them work beautifully with RMAN, one comes
up with ORA-27211 failure to load media manager library errors. This is
made more interesting because oracle's sbttest utility works just fine,
the problem is only with RMAN.

I've verified the checksums of the NBU library between the systems and
they are identical, I've even copied it from one system to the other,
still no luck.

I've written a small program that simply does a dlopen() on the shared
library and outputs a message indicating success or failure. This
program successfully opens the library.

Has anybody seen similar behavior before?

-Charlie