Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Linux media servers and NBU 5.1

2004-08-26 23:49:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Linux media servers and NBU 5.1
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 22:49:46 -0500
On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 11:50:14PM -0700, Michael L. Barrow wrote:
> Is anyone running Linux media servers with NBU 5.1? Would you care to
> share your experiences? Also, does anyone know what tier Linux is on
> Veritas' development strategy?

I'll take a stab  at the second question.  Solaris is first without a
doubt.  Veritas appears to want to support Linux in the first tier but
they're a ways off set.  Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 isn't even supported
as a master server until NBU 5.1 and we haven't even seen the media for
this yet.  I've heard that Flashbackup won't be supported until NBU 6.0.
We can't even get FlashBackup working with NBU 5.0 yet on Solaris.

Perhaps in a couple of years I'd consider Linux as a master server but
certainly not today.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org