Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Catalog inconsistencies

2004-08-24 12:55:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog inconsistencies
From: jamesp AT hisser DOT org (jamesp AT hisser DOT org)
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 17:55:42 +0100
Hi Everyone

** First of all let me just ask everyone to make sure they are backing up the
mediaDB on ALL your media servers - Do this and save yourself a lot of hassle!
**

And now on to my query...

Here is the situation:

The netbackup catalog was "lost" at my site, and recovered. Unfortunately, the
catalog backup coverage didn't include the mediaDB on my media servers.

The backup images still exist, as do the entries in the volDB for these tapes,
the only place these tapes are missing are in the mediaDB.

Is there a way of manually populating the mediaDB? It seems to me that there
would only be a stub entry in there anyway, most of the real info is held on
the master server in the volDB and image DB.

It's not too much of a problem if I can't fix this, as I've accounted for all
the tapes, and will be able to restore the mediaDBs from older backups
tomorrow. In the meantime of course, no backups will be directed to these
storage units.

Thanks for your help

James