Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] FOLLLOW UP : Library based cleaning [L180]

2004-08-19 10:14:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] FOLLLOW UP : Library based cleaning [L180]
From: kevin.m.smith AT siemens DOT com (Smith, Kevin)
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 15:14:59 +0100

------_=_NextPart_001_01C485F6.E93D1540

All,

As a follow up I have decided to move to TapeAlert based cleaning [IE let
Netbackup do it]. I have exported the tapes via the L180 Front panel, and
have manually added them to the storage group and I can clean the drives
manually from the GUI and ltid even reports it in my messages file lovely!
HOWEVER, in my drive list for robot, my 6 LTO-II Fibre Channel drives are
listed with TapeAlert set to no. Does this mean that the drives don't
support TapeAlert as the numerous technotes I have read indicate that NB
turns it on by default and there is nothing special you should do to the
configuration. I have gone through the L180 manual and nothing is said about
tape alert.

Cheryl / anyone - got any ideas or comments on this?

Thanks

Kev Smith

------_=_NextPart_001_01C485F6.E93D1540

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2654.45">
<TITLE>FOLLLOW UP : Library based cleaning [L180]</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>All,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>As a follow up I have decided to move to TapeAlert =
based cleaning [IE let Netbackup do it]. I have exported the tapes via =
the L180 Front panel, and have manually added them to the storage group =
and I can clean the drives manually from the GUI and ltid even reports =
it in my messages file lovely! HOWEVER, in my drive list for robot, my =
6 LTO-II Fibre Channel drives are listed with TapeAlert set to no. Does =
this mean that the drives don't support TapeAlert as the numerous =
technotes I have read indicate that NB turns it on by default and there =
is nothing special you should do to the configuration. I have gone =
through the L180 manual and nothing is said about tape =
alert.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Cheryl / anyone - got any ideas or comments on =
this?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks</FONT>
</P>