Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup reports (failed, successful) going back a year?

2004-08-18 11:05:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup reports (failed, successful) going back a year?
From: Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com (Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com)
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 09:05:15 -0600
bpimage & bpimagelist are some sources for this.  The information is only as
deep as your retention period but you can find all the images that were
backed up on a given day *that you still have*.  Expired images are delted
and, of course, the database info for them, too.  Failures are only
available to the retention of your bpdbjobs info.

Other than that, you need a reporting tool or similar.

My bpexit_notify script records, date, class, sched, client, & return code
for every backup to a simple flat table.  I've got awk scripts that then
slices & dices this to give me an idea of historical info.

-M