Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Error 71 when trying to backup mailboxes from exchange 2000

2004-08-18 07:51:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Error 71 when trying to backup mailboxes from exchange 2000
From: jamesp AT hisser DOT org (jamesp AT hisser DOT org)
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 12:51:41 +0100
Hi Salil

What is the bpbkar log saying on the client?

Also - make sure that you really do have mailboxes beginning with Y and X!

There is one problem that I have encountered where mailbox backups will fail
with either 13 or 71 when an active directory user has been deleted. The
mailbox for the user still exists, but NetBackup is unable to assume the
correct user-id to back it up.

The solution was to purge the deleted account's mailbox.

Cheers

James