Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Solution: Mapping drive names to storage units? (or silo number?)

2004-08-13 14:18:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Solution: Mapping drive names to storage units? (or silo number?)
From: juanino AT yahoo DOT com (Jerry)
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 11:18:48 -0700 (PDT)
I also like tpconfig -l (puts it all on one line) for
easier parsing.

If you are using solaris, you can also check out
/etc/path_to_inst as it will give you the "st" number
for the drive (as shown in iostat) and the device path
which you can lookup on sunsolve handbook to get the
slot the card is in that a particular tape drive is
connected to.  This is useful if half your tape drives
are connected to one place, and half connected to the
other and you need to know which ones are which.