Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] v5.0 or v5.1?

2004-08-10 16:50:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] v5.0 or v5.1?
From: wtsmith AT maine DOT edu (Wayne T Smith)
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 16:50:52 -0400
My media kits for v5.1 just arrived, so now I'm wondering ...

Should I stay with v5.0 or move to v5.1 (solaris server, if that matters)?

There has been much discussion of  v5.0 on this mailing list and the
newsgroup, but very little about v5.1.  Are you running 5.1? Happily?

In my limited experience, v5.0 has been a very poor quality release.
S0428, MP1 and MP2 have made it significantly better, and it looks like
MP3 is imminent.

On the other hand, 5.1 promises support for VMWARE and performance
improvements for Vault, both of which would be welcome.  V5.1 has been
out for a while.  Is a Maintenance Pack going to be available for it in
the near future?

Any information or experiences people can share on the list or privately
would be most welcome!

Thanks and cheers, wayne