Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Red Hat Linux ES3.0 and AS3.0 status code 25 and/or 58 with NBU 5.0MP2

2004-08-09 15:59:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Red Hat Linux ES3.0 and AS3.0 status code 25 and/or 58 with NBU 5.0MP2
From: wtsmith AT maine DOT edu (Wayne T Smith)
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 15:59:10 -0400
Thought others might benefit from my recent efforts with a Red Hat AS3.0
client with NBU 5.0MP2.

Some clients installed fine and ran successfully on the first try, but
another was a problem.  The client and server would "almost" talk to
each other, but all attempts resulted in a status code of 25 or 58.
Since most of our problems seem to be with firewalls lately, I wasted
some time there, but to no avail.   The Veritas Troubleshooting Guide
and a Knowledge-Base search helped not.

On a lark, I tried a telnet from the backup server to the client and
received:

$ telnet xxx.yyy..maine.edu 13782
Trying 130.111.xxx.yyy...
Connected to xxx.yyy.maine.edu.
Escape character is '^]'.
bpcd: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3:
Connection to xxx.yyy.maine.edu closed by foreign host.

A look in the NetBackup 5.1 (!) Release notes showed the fix: install
the compatibility library compat-libstdc++-7.3-2.96.122 (or later).

Hope this helps!    cheers, wayne