Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Inline tape copy: what if there are no enough drives?

2004-08-08 22:45:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Inline tape copy: what if there are no enough drives?
From: rfang AT coke.umuc DOT edu (Rongsheng Fang)
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 22:45:18 -0400
Hi list,

I have a question about Inline tape copy (ITC): if we set up ITC to make
two copies, but we only have one drive. In this case, will Inline tape
copy just fail and error out? Or it might do one copy first and then
queue the job doing the second copy until there is a tape drive
available?

Thanks,

Rongsheng Fang