Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netapps cluster and NDMP license

2004-08-04 03:54:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netapps cluster and NDMP license
From: jkennedy AT qualcomm DOT com (Kennedy, Jeffrey)
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 00:54:00 -0700
Yes, you need an NDMP license for every filer you are going to backup;
even if it's backed up through another filer.  So for a cluster you
would need 2 NDMP licenses.

As for Legato, if it supports NDMP it should work.  Take a look at NOW
to verify but I've not heard anything like that and it just wouldn't
make sense.

~JK