Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Master/media server name change

2004-08-03 11:22:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Master/media server name change
From: david.chapa AT adic DOT com (David Chapa)
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 09:22:09 -0600
I would actually suggest that you review the functional overview in the
troubleshooting guide (I believe it is Appendix A in the 4.5 docs).
This will provide an understanding of the databases and the interaction
with one another.

Anytime you do something like this it IS a big deal because you are
mucking about with your company's historical record...but in reality
once you really understand the functional overview and actually get one
done the tasks seem less daunting.  I've done a few of these prior to my
current employment when I was a consultant and like I said once you do
one the removes the mystery.

IT IS IMPERATIVE that you BACKUP your catalogs (ALL OF THEM) prior to
doing any of the steps you will receive.  I personally always backup to
two media locations, one to tape and one to disk...

Good luck.

David A. Chapa * ADIC * 720.249.5836 * 720.272.8452 cell *
david.chapa AT adic DOT com

HIGH PERFORMANCE, SCALABLE, RELIABLE - http://www.adic.com/gopathlightvx